This TED video was sent to me by one of my readers, Kay Rosburg of Dever Designs. She said it distilled for them the way they need to market themselves to potential clients, and that it touches on some of the things I articulate in my webinars and materials, just presented differently.
It’s a fabulous video, and as Kay went on to say, it’s well worth the 18 minute length.
The message is clear
The speaker, Simon Sinek, is so clear with the language he uses to express his leadership philosophy that it can leave no doubt as to what he means — and what you should take away from his talk.
It’s so simple that most of us miss it.
It’s simple yet very profound. It’s nothing new, yet he puts a new, fine point on it. And just in case you miss his meaning, he thankfully repeats himself many times.
Here are the main points of Sinek’s talk for business owners:
• inspired leaders think and act from the inside out, from the why to the what
• people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it
• the goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe (not, who want to buy what you offer)
• the goal is to hire people who believe what you believe (not, who have specific skills or experience)
• people will do the things that prove what they believe (which means they may or may not buy from you — depending on what they already believe, and what you communicate)
• true leaders inspire us
Wonderful, wonderful lessons here. Watch the video. Take the lessons to heart.
Thank you, Kay.